Precautions for “From This Day Forward”
Our First priority in producing “From This Day Forward” during this summer it to keep our patrons and our cast and crew safe. Therefore, we may cancel the performances at any time depending on recommendations from our governing bodies and conditions present in our area.
· It is highly recommended that all tickets be purchased online. For those who can not purchase online, touchless sales will be implemented if at all possible. Everyone will be expected to use hand sanitizer (provided) before and after each transaction.
· All volunteers will wear masks. Hand sanitizer will be available for all volunteers and patrons at the ticket sales locations and concession stand and patrons will be encouraged to use it frequently.
· Seating capacity will be at 25% of recommended capacity, or state guidelines, whichever is less. Appropriate physical distancing will be mandated in the audience seating areas.
· The seating area will open ½ hour before performance time. As patrons wait, social distancing rules will be enforced between groups.
· Patrons are encouraged to bring their own chairs if able. We will have chairs sanitized and ready for patrons, but sanitized chairs must be picked up from a designated area. Chairs will be collected each night and sanitized.
· Audience members can choose their own location for seating, but only if it produces appropriate social distancing between groups. Ushers will assist those who may need help moving chairs and will monitor space between groups when audience members choose their spaces.
· Patrons will be required to wear masks until they are seated for the performance, anytime they are closer than 10 feet from patrons not in their party, and must wear masks to purchase drinks and snacks from our concession stand.
· The curtain speech at the top of the show will plainly state physical distancing expectations, and precautions we have taken while staging the show.
· The cast will have no interaction with the audience at the conclusion of the show as they have in the past.
· All restrooms will be sanitized (all door handles, toilet seats, toilet handles, sink handles, etc. wiped down with antibacterial/antiviral wipes or spray) prior to each performance, after the show begins (after audience have all entered the seating area), and after intermission.
· Limit of 4 people in the large restrooms at one time. Family units may choose to go into the restrooms together.
· A volunteer will be on standby at the restrooms prior to the performance, at intermission, and following the show to make sure all supplies (soap, paper towels, toilet tissue) are available and to monitor the flow of people in and out of the restrooms.
· Only individually wrapped concessions will be sold. Patrons are asked to use hand sanitizer before and after transactions. Patrons will be allowed to only touch snacks they are going to buy.
· Hand sanitizers and antibacterial/antiviral wipes will be prominently displayed and encouraged to be used.
· All volunteers will wear masks and gloves. One volunteer will be designated to handle the money. The other volunteer (s) will be responsible for helping customers with concessions.
· Straws will be available for those who wish to drink from a straw rather than directly from a can.
· All cast members have signed a pledge of best practices outlining expectations for safety precautions. All cast members will understand that if they have been exposed to anyone who has covid-19, or if any member has any symptoms, they will be asked to leave immediately and not be allowed to return until appropriate measures for safety have been satisfied.
· New dressing room protocols will be in place with additional spaces for dressing to comply with social distancing.
· Understudies will be cast in case any cast member can not continue with the show due to covid-19 restrictions.
· Dances, crowd scenes and battle scenes will be carefully blocked to limit personal contact when at all possible.
· Whenever possible, the show will proceed with modified costuming that includes face coverings for up- close interactions.
· Each cast member will have their temperature taken before each rehearsal and performance to make sure no one is febrile.
· There will be NO interaction between the cast and audience this summer.